While I was working today, I was thinking about my post from last night and realized I talked a lot about what happened, but not so much the why to what happened or why it was important. I decided it would be a good idea to reflect on lessons learned in the recent months:
1. Friends are important to me. Just because I’m not in the same location as them, doesn’t mean that it changes my friendship. They’re still my friend, but I just have to work harder on maintaining that friendship. However, with technology these days it’s not nearly as hard. I can easily skype, email, message on FB or about a million other things with my friends. I’ve reconnected with some friends this summer and that has been wonderful. It’s funny how things work out sometimes, i love it!
2. Trying to find a temporary job is tough. As a college graduate, its hard to find a real job, let alone a job that is only temporary. Luckily things worked out for me and I’m forever thankful for that. Sometimes you just got to be patient.
3. Retail is fun and I can see myself being quite successful in it. I was even offered a job if Germany doesn’t work out. i don’t foresee that happening though! haha
4. Shoe boxes have entirely too much packaging. I’ve also mastered carrying about 6 shoe boxes at one time. Its not as easy as it sounds!
5. Lately I’ve been working in receiving at work. It makes me so made because we throw away so much cardboard and so much plastic. There is entirely too much packaging in these shipments. I hate how wasteful America is sometimes.
6. Money is annoying to me. The saying goes money can’t buy you happiness, yet it seems you need money to make your dreams happen. Achieving your dreams makes you happy, but you need money. Its just a frustrating cycle. I hate having to worry about money but I know that having too much money won’t mean happiness. I just want to be more comfortable and stable.
I’m sure there are many more lessons that I’ve learned. I know I learn so much each day. My hopes for this blog is to help keep track of the lessons learned over the next year. My goal is to blog at least once a week for the next year. If i’m not doing that, please get mad at me and tell me I need to get back to blogging! 🙂